Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

puppy days

W.A.L.T:  Write a narrative


Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….

  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.

In Ako Ngatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.


Puppy days

I was just playing on my xbox.
My mum walked in the house and she has a box in her hands.   She puts the box on the table and she disrupts my game .
I open the box and a dog comes out,
But wait it has three legs, I chuck it away from me.
It comes back to me I kick it away from me and I say “get lost.”
He spotted a red ball the dog runs to it, he bumped into the cupboard, I laughed in my head. I started to get to know him and I started to know how he felt with three legs.   I said to myself well  I have one whole leg and I have one half of a leg.he has three whole legs and one half of a leg.   I started to feel happy well he does need a friend like him and I need a friend like me. he’s like me and I’m like him .  I got my the ball and I got my crutches and shouted to my mum “Mum ,well be outside”. I turned the door handle and the dog opened it more for me and him I threw the ball.   He ran to it so fast.   I said I want to call him Tomes.
File:Puppy on Halong Bay.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Tehya, you have described the problem and the resolution well, clearly explaining your feelings about the dog and why you would be good friends. You could use more descriptive language and tell us what the dog looked like. You have good sentence structure and have twice used speech marks correctly. Keep up your great attitude towards writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tehya, I really like what you have put in your blogpost. The only thing is that you havn't put in your punctuation in the right spot. All the rest was alright. I feel that you can keep up the great work and improve a little more on your punctuation at some times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tehya
    I really like your writing about puppy days it blew my socks off

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about